Netgear is one of the most popular router’s brand in the world. One of the best reasons why most people prefer Netgear is because of its smooth and fastest internet connection. But when you face a problem with Netgear routers, you can perform a Netgear WIFI Extender Setup to expand the router range. I have covered some easiest ways here that you can follow.
Simple Steps for Netgear WIFI Extender Setup
These are the initial steps of Netgear WIFI Extender Setup; so, follow these for a hassle-free setup process.
- At first, plug in the extender to your wall outlet and turn on the power button then wait for sometimes till the device turns on
- After connecting, open your internet browser and enter www.mywifiext.net
- Click on New extender setup then register for the Netgear Genie Setup
- You have to create an account from here
- When asked how you want to use your extender’, you have to select the Wi-Fi range extender network option
- From the list of wireless networks, you have to select the available network
- Enter the password and then, select Next
- If you want, you can change your settings from here
- Now restart the device and place the extender to somewhere where it will be easy for you to use the internet service
Simple Steps for Netgear WIFI Extender Setup Without An Ethernet Port
- Firstly, change the settings of your WIFI extender
- Go back to the factory default settings
- Press and hold the factory setting button for about 1-2 seconds
- You have to connect your wifi extender through wifi network now and to do that follow-up-
- Open your internet browser and type https//myWIFIe-xt.net
- Enter your login like your username and password in the new pop-up box
- The username and password would be MyWifiExt and Netgear
- These steps will help you with the Netgear extender setup and the connection setup with the router. Now reconnect all your wifi devices to the Netgear range extender.
Netgear Range Extender Setup
- First, plug in the range extender and wait till the LED light turns green
- Connect your wifi device with the wireless network
- Open a web browser and it will redirect you to Netgear extender setup page
- In the list of existing wireless networks, select the one you wish to extend
- If the network has security protection, you need to provide a passcode for that
- Enter the password in the Passphrase box and select Continue
- You can now connect any of your wireless devices to the wireless network
- Go to the extender screen recheck the option then click Finish to complete the setup
Setting your Netgear wifi extender was not that hard, was it? I hope you are able to perform the solutions on your own. In case you still need help with Netgear WIFI Extender Setup, please drop us a comment below.